Challenges related to scheduling in field and delivery
- Which technician is nearest to the location?
- Does he have the right skill for the task?
- What are the SLAs involved?
- Is the task a priority or can be assigned later?
- Is it a high value customer or critical account?
- What is the best route that the technician can opt for?
- How do you schedule multiple orders for optimized results?
- How are the technician schedules – are they working, on holiday, in training, at meetings, etc?
How dynamic scheduling helps
Capabilities of an intelligent scheduling and dispatch software
1) Automated job sequencing and allocation
2) Route optimization
Another great capability that an automated dispatch system offers is providing optimized route plans to the technicians. This imparts a lot of flexibility to your field allocation as you can accommodate ad hoc requests as well as provide the best routes to your field technicians to achieve maximum output in a given day. Further, it brings huge savings on cost, fuel and technician idle time.