When businesses scale and look for a sales management software, they often think of CRM (customer relationship management). But is CRM the best solution for all your needs? Equipping your sales teams with the right sales software is vital. Choosing a salesforce automation software depends on the nature of your business, the distribution of your field sales and inside sales teams, the sales cycle, time spent on the field, and documentation required, among others.
Some of the top common questions businesses come across are
- Is a sales force automation software different from a customer relationship management (CRM) software?
- What is a sales force management software, and how is it different from a CRM?
- Is mobile CRM the same as CRM?
- What is the difference between lead management software and CRM?
- What is the difference between CRM and sales management software? And which do you need?
- What are the benefits of choosing a field force management software over a traditional CRM?
We are breaking it all down here!
It is a common misconception that a field sales management tool is similar to a CRM tool. While there could be a few similarities between the two, in the actual context, a field sales management (FSM) software is designed for an entirely different purpose.
CRM vs field sales management software
Why do you need a dedicated mobile CRM or field sales management?
With a powerful field CRM, you can
- Make field task allocation automated and intelligent
- Get real-time updates on your field resources
- Benefit from optimized routes in terms of time and fuel savings
- E-capture data and documents and become paperless
- Analyze field KPIs to know what to improve
Benefits of field sales management software vs CRM
1) Customer vs field
2) From sales forecasting to cross-selling
3) Monitoring sales team performance
4) Reporting critical sales data
CRM vs field sales management - a quick comparison
Customer Relationship Management
- Tracks customer activity
- Process customer data
- Track success of marketing campaigns
- Improve customer service
- Monitor support and service
- Sales forecast
Field Sales Management Software
- Automates field processes
- Better scheduling
- Live tracking
- Route optimization
- More visibility
- Field reports
Want to focus on real sales management software that helps your field sales reps to track and close deals without spending hours filling out forms? Discover how easy field sales can be with Dista.